The IABU was formed on May 28th, 2007, upon the culmination of the first ever symposium of Buddhist Universities held at the United Nations Conference Centre in Bangkok, Thailand. The symposium was a part of the celebrations at the United Nations Day of Vesak, organised by Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University and sponsored by the Royal Government of Thailand. (The link to the 2009 Conference is broken, and we will try to provide the collection of articles at a later time.)
The IABU SECRETARIAT OFFICE is proud to present the details for our next major Buddhist conference. See immediately below:
United Nations Day of Vesak Celebrations
Dates: 27-31 May 2015
Location: Bangkok, Thailand (Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University Main Campus in Wangnoi, Ayutthaya)
Main Theme: Buddhism and World Crisis
Discussing the sub-themes:
• Buddhist Response to Social Conflict
• Buddhist Response to Environmental Degradation
• Buddhism and ASEAN Community
• Buddhist Response to Educational Crisis
Please adhere to the deadline date:
Final Full-Article Deadline: 28 February 2015
Invitations to Conference, sent by: 07 March 2015
We must have your fully-perfected articles by the final deadline date to ensure that the article is considered for publication and presentation. Approval of one’s abstract does not mean acceptance into the publication or presentation – as we reserve the right to screen your final version of the article. Once the academic peer-review committee completes their selections, and the editors have completed any additional formatting/revisions – deadline dates are established to ensure the issuing the publication to all of our venerable dignitaries, observers, delegates, panelists and students, etc., for the conference, in a timely fashion.
PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
• Submitted papers are referred and selected on the basis of quality and relevance to the main theme and sub-themes of UNDV 2015 conference and celebrations.
• Submitted Papers should be additionally readied for verbal-presentation (articles may be readied for PowerPoint presentations, rather than just reading from one’s article).
• Papers should be from 8-12 pages, submitted in the preferred font: ‘Times EXT Roman’ (for papers with Pāli/Sanskrit diacritic markings).
• Please download this font: http://www.bcca.org/services/fonts/ - and compose your article in this font. Articles will be returned if there are any undisplayed diacritical-markings.
• Papers may be rejected for specific circumstances, but may be rewritten, following committee recommendations.
PLEASE SEND ALL ABSTRACTS and FINAL PAPERS to the Manager of the IABU Secretariat – there are no other coordinators operating on our behalf:
Dr. Dion Peoples: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are invited to attend our international conference, your arrival should be on 27 May 2015, and departures begin on 31 May 2015). Any additional longer-term shall be from your own expenses. Invitation notifications to accepted scholars for presenting at the UNDV 2015 Conference and Celebrations will be sent by 07 March 2015. Economy-class airfare will be reimbursed upon arrival, and food and hotel-accommodations near MCU-Wangnoi Main Campus, Ayutthaya will be sponsored by MCU – only for scholars with approved articles.
We would be honored if you could grace us with your valuable contribution and presence.
2014: TBA - Vietnam, 7-11 May 2014 - Not sanctioned by the IABU.