AN INVITATION/CALL FOR PAPERS
International Buddhist Conference
BUDDHISM & AUSTRALIA
2-4 February, 2012 Perth, Western Australia
The Estonian Nyingma has pleasure to inform you that the International “Buddhism & Australia” Conference will be held in Perth, 2-4th of February, 2012.
The conference acknowledges Buddhism in Austral-Asian region, its' history and knowledge involving Buddhism and notable people in its' religious history.
The main subject of the “Buddhism & Australia” Conference is
“History, current presence and future directions for Buddhism in Austral-Asian region”
The main topics include:
• Buddhism in Australia: Historical figures and events, current position/directions and future perspectives
• Austral-Asia as a new direction for Buddhism
• Buddhism in the 21th century: Globalization & Migration
• Buddhism: Religion of Peace
• Philosophy, psychology, meditation and rituals in Buddhism
• Influence of Buddhism to the modern society: contemporary Buddhism in Asia
• Themes related to Buddhism such as art, literature, music and martial arts
• Differences and similarities between various Buddhist traditions
• Buddhist manuscripts- translation and restoration
• Buddhism and environment
• Buddhism in Western Society and Culture
• Use of technology in developing Buddhism
• Indigenous Culture and its links and similarities to Asia
We are also soliciting paper proposals on any aspect of the Buddhist tradition.
Representatives from all different Buddhist traditions are welcome.
Working language will be English. The time for paper presentation is 30 minutes.
Papers to be presented in the conference will later be published on the Conference website.
The author and organizer for “Buddhism & Australia” is Vello Väärtnõu, the Head of Estonian Nyingma. Estonian Nyingma has been organizing International “Buddhism & Nordland” Conferences since 2006 (www.budcon.com)
In case of your interest to participate in “Buddhism & Australia” conference, please e-mail an abstract of your planned presentation as well the author’s name and contact information no later than November 15, 2011 to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full papers are to be presented on 15th of December 2011.
Contact For any further inquiries please contact via e-mail- email@example.com or by calling +61 (0) 401039311.
Conference website: www.buddhismandaustralia.com